Saturday, April 17, 2010

Top Ten Differences between the US and Rwanda

Over the course of the next couple of weeks I am going to share with you what I feel are the top ten differences between the US and Rwanda.  Typically I share with you the more exciting events of my Rwandan life or at least things that don't quite fall into the routine, but I really want you all to understand day-to-day life in Rwanda.  The differences between the US and Rwanda are profound and can clearly not be fully portrayed in ten blog posts, but hopefully this will give you a better idea of what I'm experiencing regularly as I live and work in Africa.

Keep in mind my philosophy that just because something is different does not necessarily mean it is bad or wrong.  Sometimes things are just different.  Both countries hold a very special place in my heart for their own reasons, and I hope you can see both the things that I love and the things that frustrate me with both of my countries.  

Keep your eyes peeled for Number Ten!

2 comments: