As you may know, my absolute favorite food in the entire world is a good cookie. Sugar, chocolate chip, snickerdoodle… you name it, I love it. Now as difficult as it may be to believe, cookies are NOT readily available for purchase in Rwanda. And as I’ve mentioned to you before, variety is also not readily available for consumption in Rwanda. But one thing that is readily available is the best Indian food I’ve ever consumed. Chicken Tikka Masala from Khana Khazana in Kigali is enough to turn even the worst of days into the best day of my life every time I eat it.
There are LOTS of Indian immigrants in Dubai and thus plenty of Indian restaurants to choose from. Along with the opportunity to consume McDonald’s,
Burger King, Taco Bell, Chili’s, and Dunkin’ Donuts in Dubai, I also had the treat of some good Chicken Tikka Masala at a little local establishment. It was ALMOST as good as the Indian food in Kigali.
(Some other notable eating experiences in Dubai: 3 separate Lebanese feasts,
an Arabian BBQ, sushi, pad Thai, and Cold Stone Creamery cake batter ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough to name a few.)

No comments:
Post a Comment