Dubai and Rwanda are amazing feats of development in the past 15ish years. Fifteen years ago, Dubai was the desert. Rwanda was coming out of one of the bloodiest wars in the history of the planet.
Today, Dubai is a HUGE city, home to the tallest building in the world. Many, many international companies have offices in the “Free Zone” in Dubai. You can literally buy anything you could ever want in any shop or mall in Dubai. I can’t imagine a city more developed than Dubai.
Rwanda is safe and peaceful and well on its way to becoming the Telecommunications hub of East Africa. Walking the streets of Rwanda today, it is impossible to think that 16 years ago no one left their house for fear of being slaughtered by machete. The marketplaces are bustling, there are great buildings and banks and co-operatives and restaurants.
While Rwanda is still not a developed nation, the speed of its progress astounds me. I didn’t think I could possibly be more amazed at speed of development…until I saw Dubai.

No comments:
Post a Comment